Conception, excitement, competence, passion, a sense of reality and the energy to implement these visions – this is quality architecture with no compromises – and our ambition. High-quality building fabric and first-class equipment in all our projects, both in the private and public space – this is what we stand for! We understand ideal architecture as a “culture for living and working” with a great love for detail.
COMPETENCE FROM OVER 50 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The company founded by Heinz-Josef Knapp in 1960 is managed by Urban Knapp and Marus Haedecke in the second generation and has its headquarters in Baden-Baden.
An extensive planning and construction activity for large public projects such as schools and student halls began in the founding years with a series of competition successes. Banks, administrative buildings and residential buildings were realised for private clients. Already early in the 1980s, the architectural practice began handling extensive refurbishments of old buildings.
The refurbishment of old buildings has in the meanwhile become one of the most important fields of activity for khp architects. Through a large number of challenging projects, we have acquired high competence in conversions and modernisation of listed old buildings – recently winning a number of prizes, as in the case of the conversion of the main branch of the Volksbank at the Baden-Baden Sophienstraße address.
Another important focus of our activity lies in the conception and realisation of hotel and tourism projects. The range here reaches from project development and the conception of large tourism resorts up to the planning and execution of concrete hotel projects, as in, currently, the realisation of the Hotel Roomers in Baden-Baden with 130 rooms and diverse catering offers.
Our archive of plans now includes over 400 realised projects in national and international locations.
- 2017: Two Hugo Häring Awards from the BDA Association of German Architects
- 2014: “Beispielhaftes Bauen” [”Exemplary Construction”] award by the Baden-Württemberg Chamber of Architects
- 2014: Hugo Häring Award from the BDA Association of German Architects
- since 2011: jury member in the procedure leading to the international Hotel Property Award
- March 2013: honorary membership in the Europäischen Architekturhaus Oberrhein (MEA/EA) association, for Urban Knapp.
- Appointment of both managers as members of the BDA Association of German Architects
- Appointment by the French government of Urban Knapp as the sole consulting architect for the Alsace region
- Founding member and, since 2008, President of European Network Architecture (ENA)
- Member of the German Chamber of Architects
- Member of the Ordres des Architectes (French Chamber of Architects)
- Member of the Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects (SIA)
As a founding member of European Network Architecture (ENA), khp architekten have gathered around them, diversity and similarity. The exchange conducted worldwide with over 500 experts guarantees international competence. Individual features and widely diversified knowledge shape the character of joint projects.
In ENA, we are present in a strong network association with 12 planning offices and over 20 firms. Architects, engineers and manufacturers share their skills, in order to discover the exceptional and spur on international exchange. Through impulses and ideas, which flow directly into projects from ENA activities, khp can guarantee its clients strong economic viability, vigorous progress and comprehensive sustainability – made in Germany.
Urban Knapp has been President of ENA since 2008.
What unites our team is the excitement of creating the future of architecture beyond borders. With employees from 6 nations, we act in a sensitive manner and create contemporary architecture, which reflects the country and the surroundings in which the users of a building live and work.
Are you interested and would you like to support our company with your talents and abilities? Then send us your informative application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: